Savings Sunday! RCSS & Metro: Cheap Astro, Fruit, PC Plus Point Deals and Rant!


Good Afternoon All!,

Here is this week's haul! Spent $64.26!

Deals of the Week!

Meat Deals!

I've been getting all of my meat from Metro the last 2-ish months and I'm really enjoying the freshness and quality! I managed to only spend $24.76 - earned an air mile, and also picked up most of my meat for the week! Yum!

Grapes and Strawberries!

It's that time of year again! Fruit season! I picked up red grapes .98 cents/lb (PMed to Besto Market); and $1.77 Strawberries per pack (PMed to Metro!)

PC Plus Point Deals and Coupon Deal!

Hubby loves his yogourt! It's a great addition to his daily lunch - I managed to get this 12 pack for $3.98 - $1.00 coupon (on a previous carton pack) also - 400 pts (.40 cents) = $2.58!; Also earned 200 pts (.20 cents) on Bananas this week too :)!

Shrimp and Sour Cream

I've been wanting some shrimp and picked up this bag for $5.99 (PMed to Loblaws); and $1.49 Sour Cream (PMed to Food Basics).

Rant! My local RCSS has a changing PMing Policy :(...

So that flyer was at every cash at my local RCSS (Steeles/Dufferin) Toronto today (March 29, 2015). Informing customers that RCSS will be limiting to which stores you can price match to, how many items you can price match and also which ethnic stores you can PM to as well. This is tough. I understand to limit the quantities to 4... (I will admit I can pm up to 6-8 of the same item - Ragu!), I've seen people PM more then 10 of the same item before! I'm pretty bummed out about this policy and the language regarding "reducing lineups" does rub me a bit the wrong way. Does that mean people who spend more than I do want a faster checkout experience? I don't mind waiting for my coupons/PMing to be processed. But it can take a bit more time than the average customer for me to checkout and I plan for this in my weekly shop. I've also been noticing in the past few months the quality of my local RCSS produce and meat going downhill and also stocking of items I purchase weekly being out of stock more often. I'm on the fence about continuing my business with them as I can head to other stores who offer PMing and Couponing of my weekly shop. What are your thoughts and has your local supermarket come in with new measures? Let me know in the comments!

Total Savings with Price Matching, Couponing and PC Plus Points: $9.32!

Have a great week everyone!

Labels: , , , , , , ,